This is one of my favorite go to lunches because it is low calorie and is so easy and simple. And for someone who cooks for one, this is a great lunch or dinner!
What you need:
I Low Carb Pita (This kind of pita has 16 g of Carbs and lots of fiber. I can find it in my local Hyvee)- 130 Calories
2 Tablespoons of tomato sauce- 10 Calories
Garlic, Basil, and Oregano seasonings
Spinach leaves- 4 Calories
2-3 ounces of Grilled or cooked chicken chopped up- 60 Calories
Veggies (In this case I use cherry tomatoes, and red pepper)- 40 Calories
1.5 ouncesLow-Moisture Skim Mozzarella – 119 Calories
Approximate Calorie Count: 363 Calories
How you put it together:
1. Set the oven to 425 degrees, so that after you put everything together you can just stick it right in the oven.
2. Cut the pita in half—and by this I mean slice around the edges to peel the pita into two thinner circles…(does that make sense?) I wish I would have taken pictures of this….it’s hard to explain.
3. Lay the out side of the pita down on the baking sheet. Cover each side in 1 Tbsp of tomato sauce, then sprinkle garlic powder, oregano, and basil over the tomato sauce.
4. Layer the spinach leaves on top of the tomato sauce….it can be a few leaves or if you want more green you can put a ton. (I like a lot of spinach, it doesn’t taste as bad on a pizza.) Add chicken and veggies to each half. The cover each half in cheese. ( You can use more cheese if you want, but in order for it to be somewhat low cal, I have to cut back on the cheese.)
5. Bake for 12-13 minutes.
6. Enjoy all on your own or share and add something else to your meal!
What kind of things do you like to put on your pizza?