These next 3 weeks of my life are going to be pretty busy. Here’s a list to help you understand a little bit of what is going on in my life for the next month or so.
1. My 2nd year of teaching ends in 9 days. I thought surviving my first year was a feat, but somehow this year seemed a little more difficult. Every year we have to make changes and try to defeat the odds and make progress with a new group of students.
However, in the next 9 days, I need to get students caught up on all their missing work, help them finish their end of unit projects, and grade 127 projects and give a final test. (EEK!) They are having fun making them! I just have to get my classroom cleaned up after they are done!
2. Talent show- somehow I took the initiative to put on a talent show again this year. I forgot how much work it is. Not that I don’t have help, but it is still a lot of work and I have to be after school 3 days this week for afternoon rehearsals and performances. But I don’t do it for me, I do it for the kids that are extremely talented and need a chance to show it off!
3. Throwing a Bachelorette party!- One of my best friends, favorite people, and kindred spirit is getting married and I am throwing her a bachelorette party in my city and at my apartment. Great idea, except in between teaching and grading and talent showing, I need to clean my apartment so people can stay there. However, I am looking forward to hanging out and having a girls’ night out! 4. Packing and preparing to travel to Mexico for my brother’s wedding!- I am starting my summer out with bang, a vacation with my family to Mexico for a wedding. I am a tad nervous because some of my family is not as familiar with traveling and there are a lot of factors to this sort of travel. I have gotten a dress, some swim suits, and now I just need to get some essentials. I am missing some teacher workdays to go, so that means I have to have everything done before I leave. (In fact, thinking about it makes me want to stop writing this post and make a to do list.)
5. Being a maid of honor and marrying off best friend, favorite person and kindred spirit- Just a few days after returning to the US, I am in a wedding of the same beautiful friend. I have to work 1 day, then pack again and driving 3 hours to Salina, KS and witness another beautiful event.
Those are just the big things. There are a lot of little details and small things to do to get me through these next couple of weeks.
Here are 5 things that are going to get me through.
2. The fact that I look A-mazing in my dress for Mexico and my bridesmaid dress. (60 pounds down…20ish more to go!!)
3. I get to lay on a beach in MEXICO!
4. School is almost out for the year and then I have SUMMER!!!!
5. The grace of God. I am bound to make some mistakes in the next 3 weeks, and I am going to need lots of grace!
What do you have going on in the next 3 weeks? Are you busier than me? Or am I to be jealous of you?