I don’t even know how to update at this point. It has been a long while since I blogged. My life is a little crazy busy right now. I thought about updating during spring break….but I was trying to take a break and rest as much as I could.
So here are some quick updates of my life.
1. 6 weeks till summer! We just finished state testing and there are a lot of things my students and I need to accomplish before the end of the year. One includes reading a novel and doing lit circles. We had a super encouraging and beneficial training on lit circles last week. (You don’t hear that often about professional development, but it was!)
2. Still plugging away at grad school! It isn’t so bad, but it definitely causes me to think about the future a lot which is scary and exciting at the same time. (In fact, I am sitting in my favorite coffeeshop writing this post instead of doing homework!)
3. Running! I ran a 10K with my sister and brother-in-law over Spring Break and it was so exciting to run my fastest pace time! I am getting faster and I can’t wait till this summer to have some more concentrated time to train.
4. THE WEATHER! After 4 snow days and lots of cold mornings, the weather is starting to look up. It is amazing how much this changes my outlook on life. I am so much more excited about my days!
5. Finally got to meet Henry! The newest addition to our clan is here! And I had to wait 6 weeks to meet him! But isn’t he adorable!
6. Prayer! This last month as I began to think about what I am praying for my 27th year to look like, I decided that I am just going to continue surrender all those desires to the Lord and trust him to make things happen or change those desires!
7. Easter! My church got the whole family together and we celebrated at the Kansas City Convention Center. I had to be there super early, but it was definitely worth it to watch the sunrise! It was awesome to see people I haven’t seen in a long time and make some new friends.
The rest of the semester is full of activities, homework, planning and getting ready for the summer and next year! As difficult and overwhelming as some days are, I am so blessed right now. I look forward to this summer!