This year is the year of small wins…counting the little things that make my life pretty awesome right now. I found myself at the beginning of this year being super negative and wallowing in despair over all the things that haven’t changed since last year.
I am done doing that! Lets celebrate everything amazing that God has blessed us with!
Not because nothing wrong doesn’t ever happen…
Not because things aren’t ever hard…
Not because I am ignoring the difficulties of life….
BUT because God is still with me through all the wrong and the bad and the struggles. I was challenged by this verse this week.
“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”(Romans 8:18 ESV)
After a hard week last week, I was so encouraged to leave school on Friday feeling that my students perhaps might have accomplished something. Besides that, there are some other things that made my week so much better!
1. Participating in a 10 day gluten free/dairy free weight-loss challenge! This makes my meals a little complicated, but nothing I can’t handle for 10 days. As well, I have a menu to choose from and smoothies to drink. I feel great and light. My jeans are already fitting better and the workouts are going really well! So encouraging! (Might be a little hungry though!)
2. Had a great time with my Gospel Community on Monday night! I love those girls and they are so encouraging! It was a great time to pray and encourage one another!
3. Went to see Anna Karenina with a sweet friend! It was definitely a sad movie but was beautifully done and had the most amazing costumes!
4. Worked out with co-workers 2 days after school and it was so fun! Sometimes I forget how much fun it is to workout with friends. I get so much in my head when I workout and I forget to have fun! And sometimes it is fun to do something with co-workers that doesn’t involve work!
5. Was able to spend some quality time on my homework both Wednesday and Thursday evening. This was great because it helped me get a paper written by Friday night and I love getting things done early!
6. Went on a field trip with my Drama Club…this was definitely the highlight of my week! These kids are near and dear to my heart and they had a blast. We saw a great show and they got to experience something they might have not ever experienced before! I love helping them see the possibilities of theater! (plus it got me out of school for a couple hours!)
7. Had an encouraging and challenging (in a good way) meeting with my assistant principal, where I was given some ideas to help with some difficult students. Sometimes it helps just to talk about why things are hard and have someone speak into them or put them in a different light so it isn’t so discouraging.
8. HAD AN AMAZING FRIDAY!
– The kids worked hard!
– We listened to my favorite Australian Radio station
– I got grades updated and left school feeling a sense of “finish”
– The kids seem to like the project we are working on.
– We ended the day with a mixer and I started to remember why I love middle schoolers so much.
– Got my workout in and ended the day babysitting for a sleeping baby!
What amazing things happened to you this week? What are your small wins?