Anyways, I got the idea for Top 5 Friday from one of my favorite bloggers and someone that I think is a kindred spirit, AnnieBlogs. Check her out, she is in Scotland right now!
On to the list!
1. Sleep in! I mean come on, I think if we all had days on end that we didn’t have to be places to be or people to see, we would sleep in a little bit or a lot! I started out my summer with a bang, so it took me a while to catch up. However, now that July let the heat in, I am getting up earlier to get my runs in and enjoy the morning a bit more now. I also am trying to get used to the idea that soon I am going to have to get up at 5:30 and go to be earlier.
2. Go to the movies in the middle of the day! Yep, I love to sit in a dark theater by myself. It is nice and air conditioned. There aren’t a lot of people there and I get to enjoy some good movies. Right now, I really want to see Crazy, Stupid, Love and Harry Potter (yeah, somehow I missed that train.)
3. Lay out by the pool! I now have a legitimate tan. The great thing about where I live is that they have a sweet pool and lots of lounge chairs. Also, everyone works during the day, so I can go out there and not have to see a lot of people. Now that it is super hot outside, the sun takes more out of me and leaves me pretty tired. However, I love my tan!
4. Hang out with peeps! I love getting to spend time with friends when I am not thinking about all the things I have to get done before the next day. Usually during the school year, I have a hard time getting together with people because I am so drained after a long day with kids. That’s why I love summer!
5. Get addicted to new TV shows! I don’t know whether this is a good thing or not! But some of my favorite shows are summer shows, like So You Think You Can Dance or White Collar. There a couple of new shows this summer, but I also found some seasons of some that have been on the air a while and I have been getting caught up on Netflix. For example, I think Parks and Rec is Hilarious!! I just bust out laughing for no reason sometimes. Other new ones, Suits on USA and Royal Pains on USA….so funny and great writing and acting!
Runner ups: Working out in an empty gym, reading fun books, afternoon naps, enjoying meal time, discovering new blogs, and trying out new recipes!
What are some of your favorite things to do on an open day in your schedule? Or if you had a day to do anything you wanted what would you do?